HS WINTER MELTDOWN | FEB. 22-24, 2019 | RIVER VALLEY RANCH | $160
Registration is now OPEN until January 28th !
Winter Meltdown is a time for students to challenge themselves and have fun, or just relax around a fire and make new friends. The goal of WMD is to provide a place free from the distractions of everyday life— a winter retreat where our students and leaders can focus on God and build meaningful relationships with each other.
Friends are welcome
If you have questions, please contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP ONE: REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
DEADLINE: JANUARY 28, 2019
DEADLINE: Jan 20th
An initial ‘good faith’ payment of $35 will be required.
DEADLINE: Jan. 20th
Scholarships are available for families in financial need. Scholarships are approved case by case in the order they are received.
STEP TWO: REQUIRED WAIVER
Complete waiver linked below ONLY if you did NOT complete it while completing the retreat registration form.
STEP THREE: REVIEW RETREAT DETAILS
FRIDAY, February 22
- Check-in: 5:30 pm at Living Word
- Departure: 6:15 pm from Living Word (transportation provided)
SUNDAY, February 24
- Arrival: 12:15 pm at Living Word
- Coat, hat, gloves
- Refillable water bottle
- Toiletries, towel, wash cloth
- Sneakers to wear in the gym
- Warm clothing, suitable to play outside & get dirty
- Bedding (sleeping bag OR sheets & blankets, and pillow)
- Money for snack shop and awesome souvenirs! (optional)
- Please make sure your child eats dinner before you arrive at the church as dinner Friday evening will not be provided.
- Emergency Contact Information: Should you have an emergency and need to get in touch with your child please contact Jess at 717-880-8596 or the River Valley Ranch Office at 443-712-1010.
Medication Policy: ALL ‘controlled substance’ prescription medications must be turned into a leader during retreat check-in. Controlled Substance prescription medications will be monitored/administered by adult leaders.
Unplugged Policy: We strongly suggest that your child leave all electronic devices at home. Electronics will not be allowed out during group activity times. Bringing electronics is at your own risk.
Code of Behavior for Retreat Participants: In order to assure the safe and successful participation of youth and adults at WMD the following code of behavior is to be followed.
Expected behavior for participation:
- Individuals are responsible for their own actions, and will be asked to assume the consequences for their inappropriate behavior.
- For the protection and safety of all participants, acts of fighting, physically or verbally with siblings or otherwise and including ethnic insults, poor language, gestures, or actions will not be tolerated.
- Possession of any weapon (includes pocket knives) is strictly prohibited. Anyone who brings a weapon to an event will be asked to surrender it to leaders and parents will be notified.
- Disruptive behavior and or language are not acceptable.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather is expected.
- Participants are expected to participate during programmed times, to take direction from their leaders, being in the cabins without a leader is not permitted.
- Participants will respect the belongings of others and students should not go through anyone’s bags and personal possessions left in the bunks under any circumstances.
- In the event that behavior requires extreme action, it is to result in dismissal from the event. Parents will be contacted and participants will be sent home and not permitted to return the following year. In this case we reserve the right to deny your child participation in future retreats.
We will not insure personal property against theft or loss; please exercise caution regarding your personal items.
We respectfully ask for your cooperation and hope that you will have no trouble talking to your child about these expectations and agreeing to adhere to this code of behavior. Keep in mind that you represent the Church at all times during the retreat and are asked to demonstrate an image of Christ, and respect others and their property including that of river valley ranch.