Today, we are happy to have another guest blogger in our new Christmas favorites series with Diana sharing the 10 things she loves most about the Christmas season.
Diana Kleinmanns, Worship Leader
- Spending time with family. I don’t get to go home to New Jersey too often, so it’s always a sweet time when everyone is together!
- Gift giving. I LOVE giving gifts! However, I find it difficult to keep exciting secrets/surprises, so Christmas morning is a huge relief for me.
- Christmas lights. On your house, on your trees, IN your house, everywhere! (Secret: I have Christmas lights hung in my apartment year-round).
- The emotions of the season. There’s just a tangible sense of excitement, joy, hope, longing, peace, and love in the air during the Christmas season.
- Drinking hot chocolate, my favorite! The more marshmallows the better.
- Having a fully decorated tree in my living room.
- All the food. No one expects you to eat well over the Christmas season. It’s a free pass.
- Watching my cats play in the boxes, wrapping paper, ribbon, etc. under the tree on Christmas morning.
- Watching Christmas movies with my family. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a favorite. “That nose! That beautiful, wonderful nose!”
- Contemplating Advent. Every year it seems like the Lord reveals more of his love and more of his mystery to me as I contemplate what it means for Christ to have come to be Emmanuel – God with us. There’s always more to learn, more to worship him for.
My prayer for you this season is the that Lord would allow you to be sensitive to his love, joy, peace, and hope. I pray that he would reveal more and more of himself to you, and that you would have new eyes and a softened heart with which to receive our King. Amen.
P.S. What I don’t love about the Christmas season is how early it gets dark. Why is the sun starting to go down during my lunch break?! Sigh.