All updates on Living Word postponements and cancellations in light of COVID-19 will be posted at LWCCyork.com/corona. Please continue to check that page for updates.
As we face this unprecedented time in our lives and our world, we would like to invite you to pray.
Psalm 62:8 states that we are to “pour out our hearts to God, for He is our refuge.” Let’s keep leaning into Him.
- Pray that the drastic measures being taken will slow the spread of the virus.
- Pray for those most susceptible to contracting COVID-19: older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, lung disease).
- Pray for our neighbors: that we as Christians will be witnesses to them regarding how to sense God’s presence with us at all times in all ways (Jesus, Immanuel, God with us).
- Pray for families impacted by travel (outbound or inbound).
- Pray for our communities, workplaces, and schools.
- Pray for homes impacted by the loss of work, many in the service sectors (like restaurants, salons, etc.) and especially for single parents who already have a heavy load to lift and now carry more.
- Pray for our health-care system and medical professionals. (Please remember to include the doctors, nurses, department heads, facilities, and laboratories testing and discovering how to address the coronavirus.)
- Pray for our first responders: fire, ambulance, police, etc.
- Pray for homeless shelters and those working with social service needs.
- Pray for faith leaders all over our world and for LWCC to be a shining light.
My prayer for you is Romans 15:13: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Please know that your church is here for you.
We’re Here to Pray
We invite you to share a prayer request through our Online Prayer Request form, or through the Digital Prayer Wall. You can also call in a prayer request to be placed on our prayer chain: 717.755.0089 x 202.
We’re Here to Counsel
The Counseling Center at Living Word is open and operational. Please know that we are taking every precaution necessary to maintain your health and well-being. If you or someone you know is in need of counseling, please visit the counseling page online or call 717.893.2336 for more information.
Women’s Ministry & Prayer Director