2018 Christmas Eve Offering Update
Through the kindness and generosity of thousands of people, Living Word received a total of $411,886 from all of our Christmas Eve services in 2018. This is the highest offering we have ever received for this outreach. Living Word already gives to many of these organizations throughout the year through our general fund and faith promise fund, but once a year we have our Christmas Eve Offering. All of these funds go to either local or global ministries.
We are so thankful to everyone who participated in this time of giving that will be given to local and global ministries.
Below are the organizations we are supporting through your generosity!
Questions? Contact John Hilliard.
Resourcing People Lacking Basic Needs
- Servants Cancer Retreat Ministry – provides scholarships for women recovering from cancer treatments
- Compassion York – provides meals for people in York who are food insecure
- Our Daily Bread – provides daily meals to the homeless
- LifePath Christian Ministries – helped purchase a refrigerated truck for food deliveries
- Katallasso Health Center – installed dental operatory in free medical clinic in York
- Servants Home Helps – provided materials for eight bathroom remodels for poor families whose current facilities are either unsafe or unhealthy
- Water Missions International – provides potable water for refugees in Uganda
- Jordan House of Blessing – provides food for refugees in Amman, Jordan
- Project Adopt a Village – provides care and support of HIV/AIDs patients in Sendafa, Ethiopia
- Iraqi Women’s Refuge – provides training for women in war-torn Iraq
- Sendafa Medical Team Supplies – provides medical equipment and supplies for July Medical Team to Sendafa, Ethiopia
- See International – supports efforts to provide equipment for cataract surgeries in Sendafa, Ethiopia and worldwide
- Fields of Hope – supports child education for children of women in Addis Ababa caught up in the sex trade
Developing Leaders Working in Difficult Environments
- Arrowhead Bible Camp – provides materials to renovate a bathroom at this camp for people with disabilities of various kinds
- Living Word Dire Dawa – provides building materials for completion of education wing of the church
- Burundi Outreach – provides pastor training and resources for Christian leaders in this poor central African country
- Guatemala Training Project – Mike McComb has partnered with ASELSI in Guatemala to provide training from high school through graduate programs. This funding provides scholarships for deserving students.
- Training Resources for Ethiopia – covers the cost of a shipping container to send leadership books and training materials for Ethiopian Outreach Ministry in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Outreach Ministries – provides funds for equipment and supplies for a new training center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Sendafa Pastor Training Project – continues the training of pastors and lay leaders in Sendafa
- Global Leadership Resources – provides various resources throughout the world for under-resourced leaders
Empowering the Next Generation
- 18 South – provides materials for this important Red Lion ministry as they renovate the building for a new location
- Logos Academy – helps purchase computer equipment and training modules for students and teacher
Creating Fresh Starts for People in the Midst of Life Crisis
- Ladder to the Light – provides a place for men who deal with brokenness from incarceration, addiction and/or homeless. This gift will help with building renovations and repairs.
- Bobbi’s Place – a new ministry to provide housing for chronically homeless families. These funds will provide materials for this renovation work.
- Mourning Glory Ministry – provides conversion of materials for women into a video format
- Good News Prison Ministry – provides materials for the chaplains at York County Prison
- Susquehanna Sr. Center – provides meals for senior shut-ins
- The Well Family Center – provides care and support for women and children who have suffered trauma. This gift helped them purchase an adjoining residence to provide for the needs of their clients.
- Servants Disaster Recover – purchased a disaster relief trailer that is equipped for immediate response to help those impacted by natural disasters
- Pappas House – provides Hospice care for those who don’t have a support community around them. This gift will help with ongoing projects.
- Local Benevolence – used for people here at Living Word who are in need of temporary assistance for unforeseen crises.
- 3DP4Me Hearing Aids in Middle East – provides funds for some of the startups