York County Emergency Resources
United Way’s First Call for Help [2-1-1]
Dial 2-1-1 (Or call 717.755.1000)
- Free information and referral service hotline for all services.
- If you need help, and aren’t sure where to begin, dial 2-1-1. When you describe your situation to the hotline representative, they can direct you to appropriate services.
- Website: unitedway-york.org
Access York & Victim Service
Provides Victim Assistance for Domestic Violence & Abuse
Distributes food, meals, foodstuffs to low income families/homeless. Offers Mental Health Services, Emergency Shelter Services & Short Term Transitional Housing.
- Bell Family Shelter: • 852 E Market St, York
Community Progress Council Inc.
- Offers Rent Assistance, Emergency Food & Clothing Assistance, Utility Bill Assistance
- Job Training and Employment Programs
- Social Services for Families & Children
Food Bank of York County
Address: 254 W Princess St, York, PA 17401
- Offers Food Assistance
LifePath Christian Ministries
Formerly York Rescue Mission
Address: 363-367 W Market St York, PA 17405
Services for the homeless, hungry, & hurting.
- For Men’s Services:
- For Women’s & Children’s Services: 717.845.5947
- Multiple Services including In-Home support, School-Based Services, Crisis Services
The Salvation Army: York Pennsylvania
Address: 50 E King St, York
- Food Pantry, Thrift Store, Clothing Closet
- Provides Utility Assistance, Emergency Housing
York County Children & Youth Services
York County Mental Health and Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
Child Abuse Reporting
- Childline: 1-800-932-0313
- York County Children & Youth Services: 717.846.8496
- Suicide Lifeline: Call 911 or 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Online Chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 • suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK