Sewing Seeds is a ministry of compassion, making beautiful, high-quality, and reusable feminine hygiene products for women in need in developing countries. We are currently distributing them in Ethiopia and Guatemala through our short-term mission teams.
Helping to Empower Women
We use our sewing and craft skills to generously bless women who are often confined to their homes during their periods. Girls often are not able to attend school for a week each month, causing many of them to drop out. By providing access to sustainable feminine hygiene products, we can empower girls and women to achieve their potentials. These products greatly improve and impact their lives, families, and communities.
We make the products and pack kits at Living Word one day a month – the second Thursday, from 2:00-5:00 pm. We are flexible with the time commitment; please come when you can and leave when you must.
Visit a workday to meet the team and see the process before committing to being involved.
The hygiene products are handmade in a welcoming community! No sewing experience is required to serve. If you can trace, cut fabric, iron, or pack kits you will be a valued partner.
Fabric and supplies are needed to make the feminine hygiene kits.
- Cotton, flannel, OR poly/cotton woven fabric. Quilt/shirt weight. Dark colors and patterns are best to hide stains. Avoid prints with people, animals, character prints, camoflauge, food, bugs, or weapons.
- PUL fabric – any print or color
- Polyester sewing thread
- Serger thread
- KAM snaps size 20
- 1/2″ or 5/8″ twill tape or ribbon
- Cotton panties (girls size 10-14 & ladies size 5-6) (dark colors/prints preferred)
- Cotton washcloths (dark colors/prints preferred)